HearBuilder General FAQ's
All four HearBuilder programs combined in one convenient set, available by subscription.
- Following Directions with Basic Concepts
- Phonological Awareness – Sound Awareness for Reading
- Auditory Memory – Strategic Memory Training for Listening
- Sequencing – 2-6 Step Sequences
Step-by-step, each program leads students to acquire the basic skills they need to succeed in school and become proficient readers
The HearBuilder Collection is available via online subscription – click here for pricing.
The HearBuilder Collection strengthens students’ listening, memory, comprehension, and early reading skills by combining research-based, multi-level activities with entertaining games that both challenge students and hold their interest. Here is the formula for school success:
Following Directions with Basic Concepts
From the first day of school, students must be able to follow directions in order to focus on classroom activities, interact well with others, and behave properly. With HearBuilder Following Directions, students:
- Develop essential listening skills as they learn 40 basic concepts.
- Become Master Toy Makers while building Toy Central factories.
- Learn to follow five different types of directions: Basic, Sequential, Quantitative/Spatial, Temporal, and Conditional.
Phonological Awareness: Speech Sound Awareness for Reading
Before students can learn to read, they must be aware of the sounds that letters make in words, phrases, and sentences — in other words, they must have good phonological (sound) awareness skills. With HearBuilder Phonological Awareness, students:
- Practice nine activities to help them hear the sounds in words, syllables, and sentences.
- Earn instruments and band members to form the rock band The Phonemix.
- Move from basic activities (Sentence Segmentation, Syllable Blending, Syllable Segmentation) to more difficult ones (Rhyming, Phoneme Blending, Phoneme Segmentation/Identification) to the hardest tasks (Phoneme Deletion, Phoneme Addition, and Phoneme Manipulation).
Auditory Memory: Strategic Memory Training for Listening
Next, students must be able to remember and recall information they have learned. With HearBuilder Auditory Memory, students:
- Practice memory strategies as they recall numbers, words, specific details, and multiple sentences.
- Embark on special missions with Recall Agents Kim and Joey to save Memory Town from Dr. Forgetsit.
- Learn memory strategies for answering WH questions.
Sequencing: 2 to 6 Step Sequences
Finally, students use all the information they learned in the first three HearBuilder programs to work on essential language and literacy skills. With HearBuilder Sequencing, students:
- Practice foundational skills such as reading left to right, understanding details, predicting, and identifying important parts of stories.
- Go to the Sequencing Fun House, earn tokens to use in the Arcade, and become Sequencing Superstars.
- Put 120 illustrated scenes in order, starting with basic 2-step sequences and progressing to 6-steps.
We recommend using HearBuilder 15-20 minutes each day until your child completes the programs. However, you can choose the length and frequency of use that works best for your child.
You can renew your home or educator subscription directly from your account.
- Login to your account at https://my.hearbuilder.com/
- Type in your email address and password to log in
- Click the dropdown arrow in the upper right-hand corner, and then click “My Account”
- Click on the "Renew Now" button to renew your subscription for another year.
To renew a school or district subscription, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HearBuilder Support FAQ's
Find the student login code on the home page of your Educator/Parent account.
Go to the login page, click the "Forgot Password?" button, enter your email address, and follow the instructions.
Login to your Educator/Parent account with your email address. Click the "Students" tab and select the "Print Students" button. Make sure the "Show Passwords" box is checked.
Yes. Learn how to get started with these step-by-step instructions.
HearBuilder is a supplemental instructional tool; no specific age or grade equivalents are included. Review your state’s standards and compare them to HearBuilder’s learning objectives. use your professional discretion to determine which level in each activity aligns most closely with age-level expectations.
Select one of the global setting options or select the “Custom Settings” button. Home subscriptions provide access to global settings only. To learn more, watch a student settings tutorial.